Take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class!
What's being taught?
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. You will learn:
• How your Partner can be your Advocate
• Evidence Based Care
• Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
• Comfort Measures
• Stages of Labor
• Navigating the Healthcare System
• Providers (Models of Care)
• Communicating with Hospital Staff
• Know your Rights
• Pain Relief
• Labor Rehearsal
• Postpartum Discussion
• Newborn Procedures
• Baby Care
How long does the class take?
• 2 in-person classes (approx 2 hours each) to learn about the stages of labor and hormonal physiology, discuss our perceptions about birth, and a labor rehearsal to pull it all together
• 5 weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
• 4 video chats with Allison and your classmates to discuss the weekly online content
• BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos & discussion
• BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to redeem for free prizes at the end of the class.
When should I take this class?
You are welcome to take this class any time that is convenient for you. Private classes are scheduled for your convenience because I understand crazy life schedules. If you are deciding on a group class..... Count back 3 months from your due date and ask yourself if this is enough learning time and is a class available around that time. (I schedule classes every other month) If not, consider the 6-month option and register for the class that is earlier. The class stretches 6 weeks so you don't want to end too close to your due date. I suggest you leave about 3 weeks to process the information and plan for the big day.
Click here for more information and to register.