In this exclusive, full day event, you will have the opportunity to learn about Evidence Based Care, the Evidence on Midwifery Care, the Evidence on Childbirth Education, and Communication Strategies for True Informed Consent in Labor and Delivery from the founder of Evidence Based Birth®, Dr. Rebecca Dekker.
In addition to spending the day with Dr. Dekker, you will also get the invaluable chance to build connections with birth professionals from the GTA and beyond who are passionate about evidence based care.
The event will be wrapped up with a panel of local experts who can answer questions and provide further insight into what is being done to improve maternity care here in Ontario.
• Chance to spend all day learning from Dr. Rebecca Dekker
• Amazing networking opportunities
• Online access to slide deck
• Certificate for 6 contact hours
• Evidence Based Birth® t-shirt
• Evidence Based Birth® Lanyard
• Lunch included! Enjoy a delicious buffet which includes gluten free and vegan options
About Dr. Rebecca Dekker
Your instructor is Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, the founder of Evidence Based Birth®. Dr. Dekker earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and her Master’s and PhD in Nursing from the University of Kentucky. Dr. Dekker has built a strong reputation in maternal and infant health circles for her pioneering work as the founder of Evidence Based Birth.® After spending many years in academia– teaching nursing students and conducting clinical research trials– Dr. Dekker has been able to work at Evidence Based Birth® full-time since 2016. She leads a team of 7 staff members who work relentlessly to make research freely available to the public. The mission of EBB is to raise the quality of childbirth care globally, by putting accurate, evidence based research into the hands of families and communities, so they can make informed, empowered choices.
• • •
What will this event be like?
Rebecca is skilled at facilitating groups, and there will be plenty of time for learning, group discussion, activities, and role plays, as well as sufficient breaks to let everyone stretch their legs and use the bathroom. Rebecca believes in creating a safe, fun, comfortable learning space! Not only will you enjoy this event, but you will leave with new and renewed friendships, and a heightened belief in your ability to make things better for your clients!
• • •
• Discuss the true meaning of evidence based care in childbirth
• Describe the evidence on midwifery care
• Brainstorm ways to increase attendance at childbirth education classes
• Discuss how birth professionals, parents, and providers can facilitate true informed consent during childbirth
• Rehearse ways that different professions can communicate better together
• • •
Can I earn contact hours?
Attendance at this event is good for 6 nursing contact hours approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing and the American College of Nurse Midwives. In the past, Canadian midwives and nurses have been able to successfully submit Evidence Based Birth® contact hours to their certifying boards to go towards their continuing education and/or professional development requirements. Note: Most doula and childbirth educator organizations accept nursing contact hours.
• • •
Because costs of this event occur well ahead of the event, we cannot offer any refunds if you need to miss due to a birth. However, if you do miss due to a birth or illness, Rebecca Dekker has graciously offered to allow you to substitute an equivalent purchase from the online courses or Professional Membership at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy or you can attend a local Savvy Birth Pro Workshop at the VIP level.
• June 26 • Registration opens to the public
• Sept 15 • Last Day for Early Bird Pricing
• Oct 15 • Price Increase
• Nov 3 • Registration Closes